Stretch your came with Studio Pro sure grip Lead Vise with quick release. The convenient size mounts easily to your work table without getting in the way. The strong spring and grooved teeth work to keep lead came safely in place while stretching. A "must" tool for lead came artisans. Lifetime warranty!
- Lead came must be stretched before it is used, otherwise it will sag from the weight of the glass.
- To use, secure the lead vise to the edge of a work surface in an area that will provide ample space to pull came.
- To stretch lead came, insert the came into the opening of the vise, opposite the clamp.
- Once inserted, press down on the clamp and tap it using a rubber mallet or medium hammer to secure came between the jaws of the vise.
- With pliers, grasp the other end and pull.
- Pull the came until it no longer stretches. The came will become rigid as it is stretched.